The week of July 4th, we were in Atlanta to visit my wife's parents and other family. So much went on it would be hard to recap here but I will list some highlights.
- Georgia Aquarium - Home to 4 whale sharks.
|Whale Sharks at Georgia Aquarium|
- Callaway Gardens - This resort southwest of Atlanta had all kinds of activities, from biking to hiking and plenty of aquatics. One of my favorites were the tandem bikes made for an adult and child so the kids could ride along with us.
|Tandem bike at Callaway Gardens|
- Wild Animal Safari - where you can feed the animals yourself. This place is great!
|Petting a Gnu|
- Kennesaw Mountain battlefield - piqued my interest in the Civil War
|Kennesaw Mountain Cannon|
- St. James Episcopal in Marietta - where we were married oh so many years ago.
|St. James, Marietta|
- All the wonderful family members that I don't get to see nearly as much as I would like.