In March, I had the opportunity to attend a great carbine training course at a private range with some great former operators instructing. Next class is in June.
Monday, April 26, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Green Valley Campout
The troop headed back to Cuyamaca and Green Valley campground. We haven't been to the campground for several years and it was good to get back. In the meantime, the state has improved the handicapped sites and most of the sites are a bit overgrown with grass and bushes. The falls were flowing nicely and I am sure they will be crowded as the weather heats up. We also did the Airplane Monument trail and saw a fair amount of flowers.
|Upper Green Valley Falls|
|My trusty tent|
|Lower Green Valley Falls|
Thursday, April 08, 2021
Been a while since I posted a books list...
- Imperfect Union: How Jesse and John Fremont Mapped the West, Invented Celebrity and Helped Cause the Civil War by Steve Inskeep
- West of the Revolution: An Uncommon History of 1776 by Claudio Saunt
- Alone in the Fortress of the Bears: 70 Days Surviving Alaska Wilderness Foraging, Fishing Hunting by Bruce Nelson
- Mammoth Gold
- Tales Along Camino Sierra by Dale and Gayle Woodruff
- Experiencing Medieval Europe by Kenneth Bartlett
- Military Misfortunes: The Anatomy of Failure in War by Eliot Cohen and John Gooch
- Icebound: Shipwrecked at the Edge of the World by Andrea Pitzer
- The Conquering Tide: War in the Pacific Islands 1942 - 1944 by Ian Toll
- History of Hitler's Empire by Thomas Childers
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)