- Prisoners of Geography by Tim Marshall
- An Atlas of Extinct Countries by Gideon Dafoe
- Island Infernos: The US Army's Pacific War Odyssey, 1944 by John C. McManus
- Revolutionary War Soldier 1775 - 1783 by Keith Wilbur
- Dutch Oven Camp Cooking by Vernon Winteroni
- Abandoned Southern California by Joanna Kalafatis
- The Imperial Japanese Navy in the
Pacific War by Mark Stille
Monday, May 30, 2022
Stack of Books Read
Memorial Day Weekend Activities
- Beach sprints after a long lay off due to knee injury
- Hike Monserate Mountain
- BBQ with good friends
- Troop 782 Memorial Day flags at San Dieguito Academy war memorial
- Baking cookies!
|Monserate marker (what's left of it)|
|San Dieguito War Memorial|
Monday, May 23, 2022
Final Scoutmaster Campout at Fiesta Island
After 11 years with Troop 774 as ASM and SM, I attended my last campout in an official capacity. We were back at Fiesta Island again as we were sailing on the council boat on Sunday and camping at CFI was very convenient. It was typical CFI: watch rocket launches, service hours cleaning the endless amounts of trash, campfires, dutch oven cooking, scout skills, and great weather.
Saturday, May 14, 2022
Bengt graduated from ERAU! We had great weekend in Prescott and moved him back home while he looks for a job.
|ERAU graduation crowd|
Monday, May 02, 2022
Milsurp at Raahauge's
Raahauge's in Corona is one of our favorite ranges. We have been there many times for their awesome sporting clay range and also shot at the 100 yard and steel gallery ranges. This day we tried our their private shooting bays. Jyoti and I did pistol and PCC training but also finally shot a couple of surplus rifles I hadn't fired before. First up was the Carcano TS. This carbine is in pretty rough shape and the bullets were tumbling after just 25 yards. Next was the Arisaka Type 99. A very long rifle was fun to shoot but ammo is really hard to get.
|Carcano M1891 Moschetto TS|
|Arisaka Type 99|
Sunday, May 01, 2022
Victims of Communism Day
Let remember all the past and ongoing victims of communism.