Go here for the full instructions: https://hub.docker.com/_/redis/.
- Install Docker forWindow.
- Download and start the image: docker run --name localredis -d redis
- Get the IP address: when the docker starts on Windows, it will generate its own IP. After docker launches, and the whale logo ASCII art shows up, the Docker IP address will be displayed (in this case 192.168.99.100).
- The standard port (6379) won't be exposed to other apps so you have to figure out which port to use. So run docker ps. You will get a listing of the running containers with the ports. Notice that my redis instance has its standard port exposed on 32769.
- Use the address and port you just discovered when configuring your client.