My M.O. is to get the book from the library (they carry some, but not all the books in the list) and then buy it if I really like it and will go back to it. I have read several of the books so far:
- 10 Days To Faster Reading - great for increasing your reading speed and comprehension; be sure to do the exercises for each chapter.
- The Effective Executive - good if you are looking to be working for big companies.
- How To Win Friends and Influence People - common sense tips that few seem to follow.
- The Art of the Start - good, but thin.
- Crucial Conversations - ok, didn't get much out of it.