- Finally cleared out some junk with a trip to the dump
- Hiked Del Dios Preserve - since it is really a road not a trail, it not a great track, although some of the views are spectacular
- Visited Balboa Park on a sprinkly day - viewed the Tehachapi layout at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum; first time visit to the Japanese Friendship Garden; caught the organ concert for the first time as well; went to the American Visions exhibit at the Museum of Art.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Monday, January 05, 2015
Got a few more books in over the holiday season.
- Blood Lure (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 9) by Nevada Barr - great wilderness tension until the end, lame ending
- Hunting Season (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 10) by Nevada Barr - I enjoyed the characters in this Barr mystery
- Flashback (Anna Pigeon Mysteries Book 11) by Nevada Barr - my favorite Barr book is this two-for-one mystery
- American Front (The Great War, Book 1) by Harry Turtledove - 2nd in the series, much better than the first
- The Richest Man in Babylon: With Study Guide by George S. Clason - financial wisdom as told by a group of Babylonians, classic
Friday, January 02, 2015
- Tombola with the neighbors - Bengt won the big prize
- House projects with Kevin
- Bowling with Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary at Mustang Alley's
- Walking the crazy dogs
- Many games: Apples to Apples, What the Face, Cards Against Humanity, Say Anything, Spy Alley, Elephants or Ants, Telestrations, Pit, Stoner Fluxx, Hit or Miss, Charades, Loaded Questions and last but least, Yahtzee!
- Murder mystery dinner
- New Year's Eve party
Monday, December 22, 2014
Saturday, December 20, 2014
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
- Bengt went to FFL scrimmage at Rock Academy to meet up with his team to start on their robot prototype. We walked around Liberty Station while the kids did their work and visited the NTC Commander's museum.
- Family hike at Pipe (haven't been there in a long time)
- Checked out the Swami's tidepools (haven't been there in a long time as well)