Sunday was a mini field day to test out my Nooelec SDR dongle and 40m dipole. I drove up to our condo rec area parking lot and found some palm trees to throw my antenna over. I quickly discovered that you need to secure the ends of the dipole lest they get into a big tangle when hoisting the feed line :( The other big lesson was to set the offset when using the upconverter (-125Mhz for the Nooelec Ham It Up). After getting the antenna up and CubicSDR software configured and running, I was able to get some 40m phone. I didn't get any JS8Call traffic though. Overall a good success.
|Dipole in V hung from palm tree|
|Mobile ham shack|