We had a great time spending Christmas and New Years at my brother's in Baltimore. Lots of activities and lots of just sitting around.
One day, my dad, Jyoti and I hiked around Roland Lake. It was a nice ~4 mile hike along old roads, railroads and trails. I slipped on the icy mud and gave my ankle a bad sprain but was able to walk out.
We went into DC to visit a few museums. I visited the Newseum for the first time (and last since it is closing). It was a good but somewhat limited museum. I enjoyed the Berlin wall section most. While some of our group finished the Newseum, a few of us walked through the National Art Gallery on the way to the National Portrait Gallery. I really like the Portrait Gallery, especially the presidential portraits. We also visited the new Spy Museum. I really liked the interactive spy game that went threw the exhibits. It has top notch artifacts and stories. Highly recommended.
We also played lots of games:
- Catan - classic game; I really liked the 5-6 player expansion as well
- Mystery Express - we always have to relearn all the actions whenever we play this
- Codenames Pictures - the images made it a different game and we all liked it
- Ticket to Ride Marklin - we played it without the passengers
- Moral Dilemma - some of the cards don't make sense to all people
- Chameleon - clever game
|View of the Capitol from Newseum|